I used to read books from cover to cover, pushing myself to drudge through the content before the one piece of meat I was needing to read about. At some point I stopped being rather anal about the art of reading.
In this section you will find some good reads I am savoring from cover to cover, old friends that I’ve chose to hold again, and others that I am skipping through like a pebble skipping water until its through with its journey.
This page changes from time to time, so check back to see what is new. I’d love to hear what you are reading too! Leave a comment letting me know!
A taste of what I am currently into:
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster (Reading this for the second time)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne
- Experiencing Father’s Embrace by Jack Frost (Jesus School of Ministry reading requirement)
- Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian Counseling by Mark R. McMinn (grad school requirement)
Past season reads:
- The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkein
- Everything Belongs by Richard Rohr
- Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- The Power of the Other by Dr. Henry Cloud
- Birthing the Miraculous by Dr. Heidi Baker
Anne Lamott’s Traveling Mercies
Raw, honest, humorous, faith-filled, captivating stories
Brene Brown’s The Gifts of Imperfection
I’ll call it a purposeful, unexpected encounter.